Two-factor authentication (2FA), alongside a strong password, is the best way to keep your account secure and is a requirement for trading on our platform. There are three 2FA configurations to choose from:
- SMS – you will be required to enter a verification code that is sent to your mobile number when you log in to Huobi Australia
- Google Authenticator – you will be required to enter a verification code that is generated through the Google Authenticator application
- Both – you will be required to enter verification codes from both an SMS and from the Google Authenticator application
A step-by-step guide to setting up Two-Factor Authentication can be found via How to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
Setting up Google Authenticator
Download the Google Authenticator application on your mobile device.
On a separate device sign into your Huobi Australia account, select 'Account & Security' from the right-hand menu and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the 'Two-Factor Authentication' section and click 'Link' for Google Authenticator.
- You will now be provided with a QR Code, which you can scan using the Google Authenticator application.
- After scanning the QR Code, your Authenticator app will then provide you with a 6-digit verification code.
- Enter this code into the 'GA Code' field and click 'Link'.
Setting up SMS authentication
After signing into your Huobi Australia account, select 'Account & Security' from the right-hand menu and follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the 'Two-Factor Authentication' section and click 'Link' for Phone.
- Enter your mobile number and click 'Send'. Ensure your country code is correct.
- A verification code will be sent to your mobile via SMS.
- Enter this code into the 'SMS Verification Code' field and click 'Link'.
- The two-factor code is time sensitive. If it is expired by a few seconds it may prevent you from accessing your account. Please check the time and date on your phone is fully synchronized and accurate.
- Once 2FA has been set up, each time you log in, you will be asked to enter the verification code that is sent to you via SMS or via the Google Authenticator app, or both, depending on the chosen configuration.
Please feel free to contact us via our 24-hour live chat if you need assistance.